The aerospace industry primarily requires lightweight materials, which are also durable and rigid. Aluminium is still the standard material in aircraft construction, but is increasingly being replaced by materials such as carbon fibre composites (e.g. CFRP). Self-adhesive solutions allow the high-strength bonding of different materials without weakening the material structures. The comprehensive regulations and extremely strict requirements for the parts create further demand for self-adhesive solutions, which are often required in small production runs.
We offer consulting and engineering services to increase efficiency, through the use of adhesive technology, and can design appropriate solutions using existing materials (UL, CSA, MIL, FDA listed, RoHS , REACH , ASR A 1.3 , BGV A8 , DIN EN ISO 7010, ANSI, reflective, phosphorescent, fluorescent, Teflon tape and Kapton).
Typical SMS products for the aerospace industry are:
- Nameplates: small series for the replacement of riveted metal plates by self-adhesive solutions with special requirements (e.g. cold or heat resistant)
- Displays and keypads
- Warning labels: permanently bonded signs that meet special standards and special requirements (e.g. weathering, fluorescent, cold- or heat-resistant, high abrasion resistance)
- Test labels: use in the context of the letter-checks or quality system
- Marking, labelling: pictograms, instructions, type and series numbers, e.g. with consecutive serial numbers and/ or bar codes or data matrix code, e.g. to be customized by the customer by thermal transfer printingSecurity labels: marking of original parts and spare parts
- Electronics: disruptive discharge protection, discharge of static electricity and heat, shielding
- Seals/gaskets: seals for (embedded) displays, e.g. protection against liquids and dust
Please contact our specialists.