The automotive industry is characterized by its emphasis on process, short product life cycles and high quality demands. This industry is one of the forces behind the development of self-adhesive solutions: by employing self-adhesive solutions to optimize their production processes and to implement innovations, automotive manufacturers and suppliers can improve their competitive position. Self-adhesive solutions allow for the high-strength bonding of different materials without weakening the material structures. The self-adhesive solutions used have to meet industry-specific standards as well as extensive requirements. These include durability, heat resistance, oil resistance and residue-free removal.
We offer consulting and engineering services to increase efficiency through the use of self-adhesive solutions, and develop appropriate solutions (UL, CSA, MIL, FDA listed, RoHS, REACH, ASR A 1.3, BGV A8, DIN EN ISO 7010, ANSI, reflective, phosphorescent, fluorescent, surface protection and scratch protection).
Typical SMS products for the automotive industry are:
- Nameplates: replacement of riveted metal plates by adhesive solutions from films or metal
- Warning: installation of permanent, bonded signs
- Reflective films: glued, weather-proof warning labels on vehicles
- Test labels: used for quality inspection, quality assurance systems or inventory
- Masking, paint protection
- Damping of components: use of elastic buffers/bumpons and elastomers for acoustic damping components
- Walkway safety: for accessible parts of vehicles such as roof structures or entrances
- Marking, labelling: pictograms, instructions, type and series numbers, e.g. with consecutive serial numbers and / or bar codes or data matrix code, e.g. to be customized by the customer by thermal transfer printing
- Connection: permanent connection between components by double-sided tapes, die cut parts and adhesives, as well as residue-free detachable connections
- Transport container labels: solutions for removable labels in the logistics sector
- Security labels: labels for protection against warranty claims, labelling of original components and spare parts
- Electronics: disruptive discharge protection, discharge of static electricity and heat, shielding
- Seals/ gaskets: seals for (embedded) displays, e.g. protection against liquids and dust
- Displays and keypads
Please contact our specialists.